Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Clean the Bathroom....Or Carve Pumpkins???

Pumpkin Carving won out!!!


Emmalee picked out one, "just her size"

Zane playing with the pumpkin guts!

We even carved out our mini pumpkins!

Callum carved his "free-hand"--without a pattern.

Brienna with her pumpkin

Emmalee holding her pumpkin's hat

Emmalee had a blast painting her pumpkins--I helped carve her little one.  She also had fun getting paint on her belly, ears, face, & the floor.

Our pumpkin/jack-o-lantern family.  The big pumpkin is waiting for Ethan to carve it.  He wasn't feeling well last night, so he just sat & watched us (& blew his nose).  He is determined not to get sick!

Some of our Halloween decorations. 

This morning it snowed a bit, and it is very cold--about 36 degrees at 2 pm.  I love our wood fireplace!!!  I think winter is poking his nose into autumn!

5 comments:

Jen said...

Winter is poking his nose into autumn here, also! But it usually doesn't last that long. :)

Love all of the fun and crazy pumpkins! We carved are on Monday and then put them in our town's Pumpkin Walk! Lots of fun!

Cynthia said...

Awesome pumpkins! Looks like everyone had a fun time. I haven't carved any with my kids yet. Guess I'd better check it off the list.

Handsfullmom said...

Halloween looks like lots of fun at your house!

Anonymous said...

looks like fun sis. loveya

Sondra said...

How fun! I love all of your pumpkins. I have been wanting to carve the outer layer like you did... I need some tools and try it out next year. Looks like your family had an awesome time playing in the slimy seeds.