Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Tea Parties & Bake Sales

We had a bbq in Grandpa's back yard a few days ago. Emmalee is having a tea party on her cool new tea party table (empty electrical spool from Grandpa).
She got almost everyone to come and join her--cousin Colter
Callum serving Emmalee & Colter

Aunt Pamela was even kind enough to sit in the Cookie Monster chair. I decided to spare Cookie Monster & knelt on the grass.

Daddy brought his own chair to the party.

Aunt Pamela got to eat tea biscuits (graham crackers) with her yummy "clear punch" (water).

Yesterday the sun came out for a few hours, so the boys really wanted to sell cookies and punch. (They have been begging to do this since school got out).

So the boys helped get all the cookie ingredients out & made the punch; Brienna made the sign (25 cents each--cookies & punch); I baked the cookies; Ethan helped them set up the stand; and Emmalee was the cutie pie that helped attract customers!
They went to the corner by Main St. & our library. And I really didn't expect much success since it was a weekday. But most of the adult customers had them "keep the change".

Zane, Brienna, Emmalee & Callum.
Zane wanted to split the first sales 3 ways (Brienna, Zane & Callum), & the last sales 2 ways (Brienna came home for a little while). Zane really wasn't for this idea, until I suggested taking out the cost $ (cost of ingredients, sugar, cups, napkins, etc.). And after all, it really was a family effort. I convinced them (him) to pool all the money, put it in a jar, and sell a few more days this summer. If they do this, then I said I would throw in the change money I had lent them. Then we can decide what to spend it on--all together.

2 comments:

Emmy said...

How fun! I used to do this when I was little. Cute blog.

Shauna said...

Hope you have a super weekend!
♥ HUGS ♥