Saturday, May 16, 2009

Note to Self:

Pat myself on the back--Ethan was following the speed limit while driving in town!



We were in Albertson's parking lot, when Ethan was crawling along at a snail's pace. I told him we didn't need to stop and get gas (the gas station was right before the store) and he said he knew.



So I asked him why he was driving so slow. His reply:



"I'm just going the speed limit."


I looked up to see the posted speed limit. I don't think I EVER follow this! He is an obedient driver :)




Next note to self: (and Much more important!!!)
When going to town, shopping at WinCo for over an hour, filling up the the shopping cart with good bargains, piling everything on the check-out conveyor belt,
Bagging everything (neat & orderly--refrigerator stuff separate to put in coolers), using recyclable cloth bags, loading it all back into the cart (now that is a talent in itself!!)
REMEMBER TO REPLACE CHECKS IN CHECKBOOK WHEN YOU USE THE LAST ONE ON THURSDAY PAYING BILLS!!!!!


Yep--that would be me--standing at the nice little check-writing platform, with my checkbook opened to the empty-checked page (deposit only).
I knew I didn't have enough cash in my purse. WinCo does NOT take credit cards (I had used credit cards all the stores I had been to earlier in the day), their ATM machine was out or order, and I don't have a debit card.
The checker said I could run home and get more checks--I told her that wouldn't work because it would take over 2 hours for that to happen.

She asked if I had a debit card (nope), and so I said I would trade my teen aged-son for the groceries run to the credit union and get some cash.

Luckily this happened on Friday (and not today when Rusty & I were in town on our date) & the main branch is only about 3 blocks from the store, so it only took me about 15 minutes total to get back & "un-suspend" my grocery cart. They were really nice and had parked the cart in their walk-in freezer (since I had milk, fries, frozen pizzas, eggs, yogurt, etc.).




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So nice of them to chill your basket of grocerys until you could get back. I have forgotten before to change the check book.

Sondra said...

Arrrrgh.. running out of checks is the worst! I'm glad it all worked out OK.

My 14 year old takes drivers training this summer. It will be a fun time - nervous time for me. Going 5 miles an hour was funny. I can't believe there was a sign posted - giggle!

Jen said...

Win-Co rocks! I always make sure I stop at a Win-Co whenever I am in Idaho.