Thursday, February 19, 2009

Scouting dinner

Last night (Wednesday) was our scout district's recognition dinner. They recognize all the Boy Scouts who received their eagle in 2008 on this night. Ethan had his Eagle Court of Honor in July 2008. We had to round up Ethan from basketball practice (he had forgotten the dinner so was staying late to shoot). We carpooled with Grandpa to the dinner (it's in a town 30 miles from us).
Ethan wasn't too thrilled at being there (since he really didn't know anyone) and I couldn't get any pictures of him looking up!

Only 8 of the 36 boys attended the dinner. Here they are receiving the Eagle charge and a special Boy Scout coin.

Come on Ethan--look at the camera!!!

And here I am with the award I received. I had just given my husband and father-in-law a bad time about leaving me in the dark about getting an award. Last year I received the district merit award and the year before was Cub master of the Year. So I really didn't think there was anything else I would be receiving! But they didn't know about this award either. It was the Extra Miler award. I was pleasantly surprised! I love the scouting program!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

cute pictures!!! :)

Shauna said...

AWESOME~ Two of my boys are Eagle Scouts. I served in the scouting program for years!