Okay--I thought that after 20 years of being out on my own, I knew how to cook food!! Sunday we had a big family dinner to celebrate my husband's uncle's 80th birthday. So we were asked to bring baked potatoes for 30 people. Knowing that Sunday was Ward Conference, I decided to get prepared on Saturday (you know... Saturday is a special day, it's the day we get ready for Sunday!)
So I scrubbed 30 potatoes and decided to bake them in my big roaster pan. I've never baked potatoes in it before (just turkey), but read that it would take about 1 hour to bake. So before I stacked the tators in the pan on Saturday night, I decided to poke them with a knife (one less thing to do on Sunday) and then I staked those tators.
When we started eating, I thought the I had bought a rotten bag of potatoes--all of them had brown marks in them. It was only after the dinner (thanks to everyone for not commenting on the discoloration) that I figured out that the marks were from the oxygen getting in the holes that I had poke the night before!
3 comments:
It looks good to me and it is always very important to make ahead, I guess you just never know. Have a great week.
Yay! Your a blogger too, Michelle! Isn't it funny how bloggers are willing to take pictures of their "secret" lives? Such as... messes in our homes, meals that we make, an extremely large zit on one's face (I actually did this one. What's wrong with me?). I love getting to know people around the country and sharing our experiences.
My motto is, "Who cares what it looks like...as long as it tastes good!" Okay so that isn't my motto and I made it up, but still it should be.
Thanks for "following me"! It makes my heart go pitter pat.
Hi Micehlle. I am so hungry all of a sudden. This looks so good. Thanks for the birthday wish. WE do enjoy a lot of the same books, movies, etc. I think we should be friends. m
Post a Comment