Friday was therapy day for Callum. For those reading this blog that don't know Callum's background, he has developmental delays due to lack of oxygen at birth (that's a whole different story that I need to blog some day). Anyways, in addition to the therapy he receives at school, we take him to town for physical & occupational therapies 2 times a month.
He usually starts on the treadmill.
And he surprised everyone because he kept climbing...... and
Until he reached the top--he couldn't quite reach the doorbell at first, but took on last step and--yep--rang that doorbell. Everyone at therapy cheered so loudly (I'm not sure if Aunt Pamela was cheering or not).
So Aunt Pamela had to harness up (all the while trying to talk her way out of climbing), and finally tried to climb.
She was laughing way too much to do much but take a step or two--but for Callum it was worth it to have his Aunt Pamela try something she said she was terrified of doing! She was/is such a good sport!!

So Aunt Pamela had to harness up (all the while trying to talk her way out of climbing), and finally tried to climb.
4 comments:
Hey thanks for stopping by my blog. I just love new friends. That is great your son made it to the top. Sounds like he has a great Aunt that truely loves him and wants to see him achieve the goals that seem hard to acheieve.WAY TO GO !!!!!
Hey Michelle! Thanks for taking the challenge! You will do great! Fun rock climbing pics!
Tell Callum I said that's awesome that he climbed all the way to the top and rang the bell! I'm very proud of him! What a great aunt Pamela is to try something that scares her so that Callum would go all the way to the top!
That was a great post... It's amazing all the wonderful skills Callum is doing. The way they make the physical therapy fun and motivating is so neat. The rock wall story was fun-ny! I'm glad you found the trick to motivate him to the top - that was great! Did Aunt Pamala make it? She was such a great sport! I loved all of your pictures too... I am such a visual person - and absolutely love lots of visuals when reading a story.
Post a Comment